Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Nothing Like A Brisk Walk To Get The Endorphins Pumping

Just went on a brisk walk with my hubby and Miss Gracie!  Love it! Walking can help make the blues go "away" even if only temporarily.  I have been sad lately...struggling with my eating disorders and life in general.  I turn "50" in eleven days.  I am having mixed emotions about this turning point in my life.  I usually do become very depressed around this time of year!  Because my birthday represents the day that my world changed for ever and started the cruel beginning of  me fighting anorexia and bulimia...You would think that time...years...would make this wound go away...no such luck!  How am I going to react this year???  God only knows... 

1 comment:

  1. It is even harder when such a tramatic, life changing event happens on what should be a day of celebration. Christmas is my personal nightmare. I often over-do in the celebrating, decorating and spending. As if there is something I can do that will truly make the pain go away. I'm trying so hard to be just as happy as everyone seems to think I am.
    I am going buy red hat and purple dress and welcome the next half century of my life. Count it as a rebirth and a new chance at a second childhood! Love you my sister of pain.

    ReplyDelete