Saturday, April 30, 2011

Pushed Beyond My Physical Limits, Close to Collapsing

I received a major wake up call last night, actually yesterday afternoon/evening.  I truly thought I was going to die!! I have never been so scared as I was last night.  I knew it was from mere exhaustion after being up for over 24 hrs. while we supported our daughter and her husband bring their new baby boy into this world!!!  I did give up pseudoephedrine and laxatives.  But I slipped with not eating and pushing myself to be there for our daughter through every contraction clear up to delivery time.  Jill "for well over 17 1/2 hours.  She was such a trooper!  She did really good.  Very few profanities at all!  :)  She would just say ,"Ohhhhhhhh..Oweeee'' this hurts so bad! Please make this pain stop! "  As a mom and dad watching their own baby girl go through such horrific pain was quite difficult.  As parents we want to take our kid's pain away!  We don't want them to suffer!  But this was a natural process of life.  She was up and down and up and down, which required unplugging the baby monitors and IV and getting Jill up and into the bathroom.  She had the urge to void and have a bowel movement all due to the pressure of little "Cooper" attempting to make his way into this world.  Then she got very nauseated and she started to throw up.  My heart hurt for her!  I wanted to make everthing all better, but I couldn't.  I and Joe and Shane's parent's, Donna and Bret , all were exhausted too since no one had slept .  We all were drinking coffee, diet pepsi, tea, ect. anything to keep going.  Then around 3:00p.m.when things started to calm down I could feel the life start to go out of my own body.  By the time we said our good-byes ,hugs, kisses, and cuddles done with the new family , Joe and I headed for home.  Then while in the van, I got really sick!!! Nauseated, chest pain, sweaty,clammy, head pounding... I had to lay on my side in the front seat of the van.  I knew my body needed fuel of some kind. I waited a little to long and had Joe stop at the DQ in Indianola. I was so weak I could not stand up and almost fainted so I sit in the van while Joe went in and bought me a blizzard and him a shake.  I took my meds for pain and nausea and felt worse.  I could only down 1/4 of the Blizzard.  I really thought I was going to die..I started to bargain with God to please "don't take me today Lord".  I told Joe that I felt really bad. So he got me home and I went straight to bed.  He told me that I was pushing myself to hard and not taking care of myself.  He told me that , "I would NOT be going up to see Cooper ,Jill, and Shane tomorrow."  He told me that he was going to care of me and do everything he can to keep me from "dying." That is how scared he was.  I was scared.  I may not be going to see my new little family today in order to take care of myself.  I am not well, I am a fragile flower, tat is wilted and don't know if I can snap out of this.  I will be seeing my Dr. next week and even may go to the ER sooner if I need to.  I am to young to die.  Don't give up on me God!  Pam! Don't give up your fight to live!!! You have to much to live for.  I am getting really tired now...I have been up since 4:15 a.m. I had to get up with Gracie and the rest of the girls so Joe can sleep in and get some much needed rest. I will be taking care of me to day...hell that sounds so selfish.....Hugs and Kisses To All Of You!
                                                             Pam

2 comments:

  1. Sorry for some of the typo's I have. I am sooo exhausted. If you can't figure out some of what I typed, please ask and I will try to interptet . (spellin) So tired and exhausted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not selfish. Necessary. You had an exhausting and joyous day. It climaxed in the birth of your grandson. Your focus has been to get to that point (his birth), now you are past that, and you need a new focus. What will it be? Take care. Rest. Eat. Go to the doctor if you need to. You are worth being taken care of. Allow Joe to take care of you. And take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete