Monday, November 29, 2010

I Am So Blessed To Have My Canine Kids Too.....They Love Me..Regardless

I made the mistake today and hopped on the o'l scale..figured with two days of starvation or barely eating my weight would be down some..in my mind..in order for me to eat and indulge in eating out at a restaurant with my husband Joe, this Thursday, "I MUST DROP AT LEAST 5 POUNDS!!!  More if at all humanly possible.  I had a physical spell come one that made me quite ill earlier this evening..Thought I was really going to hurl and I became really diaphoretic, pain in my upper abdomen radiating into my back between my shoulder blades...it was horrendous...it could be though that I was having withdrawal signs and symptoms from being off of my Zoloft for almost three days.  I took a dose the minute Joe brought my prescription into the house.  I took some "Phenergan" for the nausea and grabbed some diet Sierrha Mist trying to make this feeling go away.. No way was I able to eat anything so restricting was not difficult. 

You know, one thing with loving animals, God's furry blessings, is that they truly love you for you and it is a love that is unconditionally ,"NO MATTER WHAT!"  They are empathetic with us when I am sad.  They follow me in a pack.  The little two, "Gracie and Ginger" , are under my feet, where ever I go, there they are.  When I am crying they look at me with those big brown concerned eyes...they hate it when mom cries...They don't condemn me or care what I look like.  They love me for "ME!"  God's furry little Angels...years ago when I was in an EDO Rehab facility in Omaha , Nebraska Joe brought , Tony, Jill, and Benny, my little Schnauzer over to visit.  He rode in the mini-van like a champ, no problems at all and he was so very anxious to see me, just as my family was.  And he was such great therapy for me!!!  Benny died back in 2004 of complications of Diabetes.  That broke my heart that day... we had gotten Benny from an animal shelter.  He was so thankful that we chose him to be his for-ever home.  Yes, I truly believe that God works through animals right along with people... Our canine girls are very smart...and they watch the clock.  They know exactly when it is potty time, bless their hearts.  They know when it is meal time and treat time.  They know what time to go out at night for their "bedtime" potty time.  They have an iced oatmeal cookie right before they all go to bed.  I know I allow my little and large friends (my canine kids) to enable me.  Because they love to eat!  And I love to share.  Not a problem for a person with EDO's. 
There are just certain foods that are toxic to the girls.  I've learned alot over the years.  Ask your vet, but chocolate is poisonous to dogs.  Pointsetta plants, Macadamian Nuts, Pennies and Coins, very toxic, antifreeze too.  I am very careful what I feed them or share with them. 
I was busy enough today making many necessary phone calls for Tony's benefit with his physician's and health team.  It's was quite time consuming but I didn't mind.  It kept my mind off of food, being hungry,my weight and how obese I feel I am...
I'm surrounded not only by God's love, but by canine love , all around me...they love me for me...no matter what!   Sleep tight everyone...God love's you...and so do I...:)

                                                                                      Pam       

No comments:

Post a Comment