Saturday, November 13, 2010

Significant

As I was reading my daily devotional and praying to God this morning the article "Significant" was today's daily devotional, so I am quoting right from that source. Here it goes: An old TV Sitcom featured an establishment that the patrons seemed to frequent on a daily basis.  The concept was that it was a welcoming place where "Everyone knows your name."  We all want to be accepted, to fit in somewhere. (Man did this ever bring back a lot of child hood memories for me and when my EDO's first started in my life.)  But some people live on the margins of life where it can be difficult to feel they have any value or significance , or that they matter to anyone.  Children sometimes experience this:  Too tall---when other kids haven't had their growth spurt yet.  Too fat--- when the other kids were thinner.( Oh Man, did this just ring a bell for me! I was the chunky, chubby kid, with long red hair. A very insecure kid trying to just exist in my world as I knew it back then . Yep, I was even called fat several times. )  OK ,sorry I got side tracked..on with the story...Some kids are too smart---when their classmates seem to be struggling.  ( Oh man another bell ringing...I was the fat, chubby, homely kid who struggled with math especially and didn't have one ounce of security with in me.)  Being different as a child can result in being mocked or bullied..( Man! The bells just keep ringing!  Ya I was one of those kids who was picked last in  PE when the class was divided up into teams, because I honestly sucked at PE events.)  But an adult who doesn't fit into the mold may just be ignored...so insignificant that he or she feels invisible.( I was and am truly blessed that God brought my "Knight In Shinying Armour Into My Life At The Age Of 16!  He Loved Me And Continues To Love Me For The Person God Made Me To Be!! He Showed Me And Continues To Show Me Just How Much I Am Loved By God And By Him.  He Is My Wonderful Husband Joe , who God sent into my life to help save me from myself and I thank God for him every single day!)  Joe showed me that , "Yes", God Loves Me! God Created Me!!! It's taken years and years of EDO therapy, praying, meditating on God's word to figure out just exactly who I am, who I am with out EDO's.  They are not our identity !!! They are like Satan in my eyes..they come to kill and destroy...OK ..sorry I  got off track once again. LOL.  
Back to the article!  But what a great significance we have in God's eyes!  We were so valued that He sent His Son to pay for the price for our sins and to allow us to have a relationship with Him, "The Lord, Jesus Christ."  We were created in the image of God (Gen. 1:27) , and He has designed us and been involved in every detail of our life since before were were born (Ps. 139:1-16).  Whether or not we always feel significant, we are deeply loved by our Father---------by Cindy Hess Kasper

This touched my heart today.  Even as an adult, I struggle with inferiority .  But God Loves Me For Me, Just Like God Loves You For You!   OK, that was your Sunday School Lesson for today! LOL!  Hope this made sense and I pray it touched someone elses heart other than my own!  I love you guys and I have a math class to flunk (kidding) so best get with it!  Talk to you soon!  Love and Godbless!
                                                                                                             Pam    (PKS)

1 comment:

  1. Hello Pam! I tried to post a comment Saturday morning, but then closed the window when the comment was in the preview stage. Ooops! I will try to remember what I had to say...

    My cousin had anorexia and bulimia in high school. Thankfully it was caught fairly early. She ended up also being diagnosed with bipolar disorder around the same time. Now she lives across the country, but I believe she has all of her unique issues in check. She is an awesome mom and wife. If I remember right, you did an interview for the Sentinel sometime around that time as well. I think that helped some of the family to understand what my cousin was going through.

    I think you are to be admired for sharing your struggles. EDOs are something that are often not talked about. Thank you for being brave and sharing your story with others.

    ReplyDelete